- We encourage ALL students who live in the neighborhood to walk to school. It is great exercise!
- Vehicle drop-off and pick-up areas are limited. They include the front circle off Escuela, the back circle off Toft, Escuela and Latham.
- The curved curb outside main office is a drop-off zone only. Cars must not be left unattended for any reason at this curb.
- When dropping off, pull as far forward as possible even if you see no one behind you.
- Limited parking spaces are available in the parking lot in front of the main office.
- There is a crosswalk at the corner of Escuela and Latham and another in front of school. The crosswalk in front of school has a crossing guard.
- Students and parents should use the crosswalks and not cross in any other area.
- Drivers must yield to pedestrians using these crosswalks. It’s the law. Blocking crosswalks is illegal and violators are reported and ticketed.
- Parents may NOT use staff parking lot in front of the multipurpose room. This is a small area that is heavily congested.
Bicycles, Scooters, Skateboards, Skates, etc.
- Bicycle racks are provided between the class wings behind the office.
- Bicycles must be locked securely to the racks and should not be left overnight. The school cannot be responsible for loss or damage to bicycles on campus.
- We discourage skateboards and scooters unless they can be locked to a bike rack. There is no room for storage in our classrooms.
- Children are required by law to wear helmets while using bicycles, scooters, skateboards, and skates.
- No one may ride a scooter or skateboard on campus during school days until 4:15 (or 2:30 pm on Thursdays).
Currently, there is district bus transportation for neighborhood students who attend other district schools. The bus stop is on Latham. For more information, check with the district office at 526-2500.