Konstella - a private parent community
The Mistral parent community uses an online tool called Konstella for communication among parents, for school and classroom notifications and volunteer coordination. To join Konstella, go to www.konstella.com and select Gabriela Mistral Elementary from the list of schools to join. This will send a request to an administrator who can approve registration for Mistral parents.
- School-wide - Parents who are registered for Konstella receive notifications from the school and for PTA-sponsored events through Konstella. They can also communicate with each other regarding school events and activities, and learn about the many ways they can contribute to the community through committees and volunteer openings.
- Classrooms - Parents get information about classroom activities, reminders and opportunities to participate through Konstella. They can also send emails to parents in their child’s room or chat with other parents via the smartphone app.
El Que Newsletter
Our weekly newsletter contains a letter from our principal, school and community news, news from the PTA and links to important posts in Konstella. The newsletter is delivered through email to the address you listed when registering your child for school. If you aren’t getting El Que, you can make sure the district has your correct email address by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- El Que Paper - If you do not receive an email copy of El Que you can come into the office any time to see the most recent newsletter.
You can sync Mistral events to your personal calendar two ways:
- Sync the school calendar from the website
- Sync your Konstella calendar, which includes school-wide events and also classroom events for your children and volunteer activities you’ve signed up for. When looking at the Konstella calendar, click “Sync to My Calendar”.
Dual Immersion Alumni
Alumni of the dual immersion program can stay in touch through the alumni email group. Join by emailing: email@example.com.