Mistral has a number of school-wide community building and educational events. Check the calendar for dates and details.
This event which takes place the week before classes start is a "must" for all Mistral families. Classroom lists are usually posted by 3:00 pm. You can fill out out your forms and make your donation online right now!
At the posting event, parents get to see which classroom their child has been assigned for the year, connect with classmates, sign up for PTA, classroom volunteer opportunities and more. At the event you can also make your annual PTA and MVEF donations.
We take the guesswork out of what to buy for your child's school bag or backpack. Instead of purchasing supplies individually, the teachers will purchase everything the students will need for their class. We ask all parents for a (tax deductible) donation to cover the cost of school supplies.
The Castro and Mistral PTAs co-host the Walkathon. This is our community’s biggest fundraising event of the year. All proceeds from this joint PTA-sponsored event go directly towards student field-trips, school library books, school gardens and other classroom enrichment programs for both of our schools. Individual student pledges will be allocated directly to the student’s school, while both schools will share food and auction proceeds. We hope this shared community fundraiser will be an opportunity for everyone to gather and enjoy the afternoon while supporting our children at both of our schools.
A little more about our Walkathon (WAT)… Students are encouraged to raise money by collecting pledges from friends and family for walking laps around the school field. At the Castro/Mistral WAT students are able to make a concrete contribution to their school while having fun by being active and building community. In addition to students walking laps, there will be:
- Food and drinks for sale
- Snacks and lap prizes for the lap walkers
To make our Walkathon run as smoothly as possible, please note the following:
- Please make arrangements so your child can stay for the whole Walkathon. YMCA Kid’s Place will participate in the Walkathon.
- The Walkathon is a fun event for all children. Students (especially kindergarteners) love walking, and will probably walk longer than you think they can. However children may leave during the afternoon and return later if a guardian accompanies them.
- Should you have any concerns (health wise, etc.) about your child's participation in the Walkathon, please check the appropriate place on the student participation permission slip.
This is one of the best family events at Mistral! Every winter the Mistral PTA reserves the outdoor ice skating rink at Winter Lodge in Palo Alto for a private Mistral skating party. The experience of skating outdoors, among your school friends is magical. You and your kids will feel that sense of community that you cannot find at a public session. The PTA sells pizza slices and hot chocolate so there is no need to make dinner!
The Science Fair is a PTA sponsored enrichment event open to K-5 students. Students work on a science or engineering project of their choice and make a poster about it. On Science Fair Night, students share their projects with the school community. A scientist-parent visits each poster and talks with the students about it. Every student receives a participation ribbon (no judged prizes). It’s a fun, confidence-building event!
- Thursday, March 1, 2018 – REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Turn in registration forms to your teacher
- week of March 5, 2018: Receive team assignments via backpack mail
- 3/5-4/5/2018: FREE tri-fold poster boards available in office; Classrooms open after school for team meetings
- Thursday, April 5, 2018 – SCIENCE FAIR DAY: Bring posters to MUR at drop-off; Come to the Science Fair 6-8pm!