Students at Mistral use the ST Math software program provided through the district to practice math concepts. In ST Math, students play visual math games designed to teach math concepts. Selected games are also available for the students to practice at home or on any computer with Internet access and on some tablets. Search for "JiJi" in the App store of your choice to download the App for your device.
The ST Math K-5 instructional software is a research-proven, comprehensive, grade-level math program that utilizes Spatial-Temporal (ST) reasoning to teach math concepts that are aligned to state standards. The program includes hundreds of language-independent computer games that promote mastery-based learning and mathematical understanding.
To access ST Math at home:
- Go to stmath.com.
- Click on JiJi, the penguin.
- If this is the first time logging in at home, you will be asked to enter the activation code. Please ask your child’s teacher for this code.
- Click “I agree.”
- Click “Allow local data storage.”
- Your student will then see the familiar screen with JiJi. He or she needs to click JiJi and enter the password exactly as in school.
- After playing, the student should always use the back-arrow button on the bottom-left of the screen (just like at school) to exit the program and ensure that progress is saved.
If you encounter technical difficulties, please contact your school or teacher for assistance.
Hour of Code
Mistral will participate in Hour of Code, an initiative that seeks to expose school children, to the concepts of computer programming. During Computer Science Education Week (in early December) every class will spend one hour working through a programming tutorial. Learn more at: http://code.org/learn