PTA News Aug 30, 2017
Class Posting Donations Due
Thank you, Mistral Families, for all of the Class Posting donations we have received to date! We now have around 200 families who have donated. These funds allow us to pay for field trips, classroom aides, recess improvements, library books, and after school activities- none of which would be possible without your help, so we sincerely thank you.
It's not too late to donate. You can pick up a green form in the office, or go online: https://mistral.mvwsd.org/en/pta/donation/
Donations are due by September 1st, 2017.
*Please note, these green and online donation forms are also used for PTA membership. You can select individual ($10/$5 reduced) or family membership ($15/$7.50 reduced.) Don't forget to join the Mistral PTA!
Move kids into classrooms in Konstella
Now that we all know what rooms our kids will be in next year, please move your kids into those rooms in Konstella. This is how you will be able to get messages from your teacher or communicate with other parents in your class.
It's fast and easy:
- On either the website or the app, click on your profile. (It's your name in the upper left on the website, and in most version of the app it's the gear in the upper left.)
- Click on "Your children" on the website or "My children" in the app
- Click on your child's name, and select the appropriate classroom
Make sure that all of your kids at Mistral are also listed in Konstella. You can add kids and move them into classrooms by clicking on "Add child" in the same menu where you moved kids into classrooms.
If you have any questions or problems, we'll have signs up around campus announcing times when people will be available to help you get registered and moved into classrooms.
Social Groups on Konstella
Social Groups are typically started by regular parents. It’s a great way for parents to mingle and share information.
Like other groups, parents can
- message each other
- create events
- create sign-ups
- and share photos and files
It’s easy to Join or Create Social Groups.
Check out existing Social Groups on Konstella:
- Safe Non-Motor Routes to/from School
- Parent Language Group
- Running Group
- Kinder families with older siblings at Mistral 2017/18
- Drop-in Yoga
- Second Grade Off-Topic (Class of 2021)
- Nuestro Pequeño Jardines / Our Little Gardens
- Social Groups are parent led and maintained.
- Parents need to join the groups by themselves.
- Social Group leads CANNOT add others to the group.
- They can only edit the group and remove members from the group.
- To leave a Social Group
- Go to the MEMBER List (maybe hiding under the MORE drop down)
- Scroll to the bottom
- Click on QUIT GROUP
- The size of a Social Group is limited at 100.
If you have any questions not addressed here, please feel free to contact Kristin email@example.com by email.