Mistral offers an excellent Spanish Language Dual Immersion program. However, with state budget cuts, increasingly competitive standards, and the increasing need to “do more with less”, we need parents and the community to be involved! Your fundraising and volunteering efforts help enrich all our children's education at Mistral.
Top 5 Ways to Support Your Child’s Education at Mistral
Mistral relies heavily on the Mistral PTA, a non-profit organization whose donations help fund field trips, after-school activities, library books, classroom enrichment materials, technology, and much, much more.
- Join the PTA. Become connected to the school community.
- Enroll your family, friends, and relatives in e-Scrip (register your Safeway card, etc.)
- Check if your employer has a donation matching program. Donations to the Mistral PTA are tax deductible and some employers will match an employee’s tax deductible donation to a non-profit.
- Do you shop online at Amazon? Use this link and give to your family and friends to start earning for Mistral!
- Participate, volunteer, and/or donate to Mistral’s BIGGEST fundraising event: The Annual Walk-A-Thon and Silent Auction.
In addition to donating to Mistral PTA directly, please consider a donation to the Mountain View Educational Foundation (MVEF).
Your PTA dollars go directly to school specific activites, while MVEF supports district-wide programs, such as art and music, hands-on science, recess programs and more. These critical programs, so essential to a high-quality, well-rounded education, are no longer supported by public funds. MVEF ensures that every school in the district enjoys the same enriched curriculum.