All volunteers are expected to abide by the following:
- Provide evidence of a negative TB test within the previous three years.
- Maintain confidentiality of all students and staff.
- Dress appropriately for the activity.
- Obey all emergency procedures.
- Never be alone with a student in an isolated area.
- Honor the teacher’s and students’ time and keep your commitments. Contact the teacher or the school office as soon as possible if you will be late or absent.
- Sign in at the school office, wear a volunteer sticker, and log the volunteer hours.
Copy Room Guidelines
We welcome volunteers in the copy room. There are just a few basic rules:
- No preschool children are allowed in the copy room. There are hot laminating machines, paper cutters, electric pencil sharpeners and other machines that could harm a young child or be damaged inadvertently.
- Before school, during recess and lunch breaks, and immediately after school times are reserved for teachers. The copy room is available for parent volunteers at all other times.
- Leave the room tidy.
- If a machine jams or breaks, tell an office staff member right away