Walkathon Permission Slip, one per family. Please download, fill out, and turn into the front office. Each child must have a signed permission slip in order to walk in the Walkathon.
Use this sponsor sheet to record and collect money for walking to benefit your school. Ask family, friends and
neighbors to sponsor you.
Mistral Walkstarter is our online WAT pledge system, which will allow Mistral students to request and collect pledges from friends and family who would like to donate online with a credit card. Each student can create a custom web page to share with potential donors via email or social media. Donors simply click the web page and make a pledge in a few easy steps. Parents and kids can monitor progress toward their fundraising goals and easily send thank-you emails from the site. Go to Walkstarter now!
This is a free online platform that allows your family to take full advantage of web and social media to make our Mistral Walkathon fundraiser more successful. Allowing for online donations can greatly increase the range your student has to ask for and accept donations!
Please click the link below to get started https://mistral.walkstarter.org/ and then click on the “My Walkstarter” button.
How to register on Mistral Walkstarter:
- Go to https://mistral.walkstarter.org/ click on "My Walkstarter", then click on "Login with Google"
- A parent or other adult will log into Mistral Walkstarter using a Google account. If you do not have a Google account, it is free and easy to register for one, just go to: https://accounts.google.com/signup Alternatively, you can use your student’s Google “mvwsd.org” account to log in.
- Once you are logged in, simply add your child's information under "Add Walkstarter Participant" and then let your child have fun creating a custom avatar and a personal message that can be sent to your friends and family. All students for your family may be added with the same Google account.
- Once published, you’ll receive an email with a link that you can send to family and friends or share over social media, anywhere in the world! Then sit back and watch the donations roll in!
- When your friends and family open the link to your student’s donation page they will be able to make a secure online donation in your student's name using a credit card. Your student will be given immediate email notification of the donation and credit for the donation. You can even send a thank you email right from your Walkstarter page!
- No other follow up from you to your donor is necessary to secure the donation! No cash or checks to manage! Donations may be collected all the way through October!
- No personal student information will be on the Walkstarter pages. No photos and no last names! Donation pages are only visible to who ever you send your Mistral Walkstarter link to.
Green WAT sponsor forms:
Those students who wish to use the hardcopy green sponsor form may absolutely do so! Students may also submit a combination of online donations with the green sponsor form (remember to include checks and cash) to the Mistral office. Extra forms are in the Mistral office.
Q: Why do I need a Google account to sign up?
A: In order to simplify the login process, Walkstarter uses Google login for security. But please note this does not have to be a Gmail account. Your Google login is the email address and password you use to access Google Docs and Google Groups. See “Step 1” in “how to register on Mistral Walkstarter” for more details.
Q: I can’t remember my Google login info – how do I retrieve that?
A: Google offers password recovery service. Just click the “I forgot my password” phrase to have a temporary one emailed to you.
Q: Do donors need to log into Google or have a Walkstarter account?
A: No. Donors simply click the link that you share with them to be guided through a few simple screens to make a payment.
Q: We can’t find our Walkstarter URL to share. What do we do?
A: Simply log in to My Walkstarter and click the Share button to see your URL again.
Q: Can non-Mistral students create avatars and pages?
A: Absolutely! It’s up to you whether they share them with donors or not, but we welcome their help to raise money for Mistral. Donations through this system can only support Mistral school. Please register your other users by using the “other” type in the drop down menu when you add their name. Staff members can create pages too and help raise money!
Q: I think I’ve found a “technical bug” in Mistral Walkstarter. What do I do?
A: Please report it by clicking on the green Help button on the bottom-right side of any Walkstarter page.
Q: How do I delete my child’s page?
A: If donations have been made to your child’s page, then we cannot delete the page until all accounting for the Walkathon is complete. After that time, our Walkstarter administrators will delete the page. If no donations have come in from that page when you request to delete it, the Walkstarter administrator can delete the page immediately. Please make that request via the Support button (see question above).
Q: When will my credit card be charged?
A: Donors will be charged right away. Funds will be available to Mistral to use within 3 days of donating!
Q: Will 100% of my Mistral student’s pledges go to Mistral school?
A:Yes. All donations for your Mistral student will follow the student and their registered school. The same is true for Castro students.
Sponsor Pledge Sheet
Use this sponsor sheet to get pledges for walking to benefit Mistral School. Ask family, friends and neighbors to sponsor you. Calculate what your sponsors owe, then collect the money. Collected money and this sponsor sheet must be turned into the office.